Our team of experienced engineering and management consultants have specialist skills in rail, infrastructure and transport that add value to our clients at all stages of the project lifecycle.
Opus Rail is Opus’ specialist rail business working the Australasian public, rail and freight transport sectors. We provide integrated business advisory, operational management, engineering, planning, design and management solutions.
We work closely with our government and business clients and partners to develop and deliver efficient infrastructure capital investment solutions, and to improve the productivity of passenger, freight and logistics networks. Our core services include:
- Transport, freight and logistics strategy & investment planning
- Rail operational advice and network optimisation
- Project and engineering management
- Rail asset management
- Rail systems and safety engineering
- Railway signalling, control and telecommunications engineering
- Rail infrastructure engineering
- Level and pedestrian crossing risk management
- Station and industrial building design and architectural services
- Road design and asset management
- Port design and asset management
- Environmental planning and assessment services
Working closely with our clients over many years enables us to bring insight, experience and innovation from the fresh thinking of our diverse and growing team of talented professionals. Our solutions are derived from our understanding of our clients’ organisations and a commitment to making things happen.
We work right across the rail sector and at every point in the asset lifecycle, from strategy and investment planning, to network optimisation and rail systems and infrastructure engineering. We also design and build the roads, ports, stations and environments within which rail infrastructure sits.
Opus Rail is led by a team of principals who are industry experts, and ensure that we deliver outstanding results for our clients.
Our principals are highly respected industry specialists whose many decades of experience and intimate knowledge of shaping, operating and managing transport infrastructure and networks, is supplemented by our systems approach.
Our technical leaders regularly provide commentary and technical evaluations at major conferences, and their opinions are sought after by governments, operators and the media.