Operational considerations need to be included at every stage of a rail project's development
A process of checks and balances is needed to ensure the project will provide maximum efficiency for the operators and a safe, functional and effective experience for rail users.
A successfully implemented operations plan will also enable timely identification of any required design changes.
Opus Rail’s specialist operations team can:
- Design new railway lines or systems
- Review and recommend solutions to operational issues
- Develop operations, maintenance, safety and training plans
- Develop design integration for train operations systems
- Develop the functional design for stations, train control centres and depots
- Develop layouts for new train stabling facilities and maintenance depots
- Review operations on existing corridors and recommend infrastructure options that will improve overall reliability of passenger train services